For heating process fluids and for thermal cracking in chemical and petrochemical sectors. These fired heaters are generally designed to American Petroleum Institute (API) codes like API-560, API-530, etc.
The units are built in modularised form to suit delivery requirements. The range of fired heaters offered by Thermax can suit a variety of process requirements and plant layouts. Depending on the application, the choice can be between ‘vertical cylindrical’ and ‘box-type furnace’ designs.
- Liquid phase heater: mineral oil/synthetic oil heater and molten salt heater
- Process industry heater: steam superheater, charge heater, start-up heater
- Vapour phase heater: mineral oil/synthetic oil vaporiser and hydrocarbon vaporiser
- Cracker: Ethylene di-chloride cracker, acetic acid cracker and gas cracker
- Capacities: Up to 70 MMKCAL/HR (single unit)
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- Finolex Industries Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- UHDE GmbH
- Qatar Petroleum
- Gas Authority of India Ltd.
Ethylene Di-Chloride (EDC) Cracker
Thermax offers single-drum and bi-drum type BFG/lean gas fired boilers for the steel industry. Both packaged as well as site-erected options are available. The burners for these boilers are manufactured indigenously based on proprietary Babcock & Wilcox design, ensuring perfect match and integration with furnace geometry. A notable benefit of Thermax's proven and field-tested design, evident at more than two dozen operating installations, is high reliability in spite of the peculiar characteristics of the gas - slow-burning nature, low calorific value and low combustibles.
- Can be designed with 'Radiant' wall burners for liquid or gaseous fuel firing
- Efficiency can be further enhanced with a forced circulation waste heat boiler mounted atop the convective section
- Multi-tier configuration of burners
- Extended surface coils in convective section and HK-40 bends in radiant section; coil metallurgy can be SS347H and incoloy
- Capacities: Upto 70 MMKCAL/HR (Single Unit)