Thermax has signed a technical knowhow transfer and license agreement for dry and wet electrostatic precipitators (ESPs) for power, industrial and utility segments up to 300 MW. The agreement covers leading European ESP designs of Balcke-Dürr. For utility power projects above 300 MW, Balcke-Dürr and Thermax have a separate Joint Venture.
Following the agreement, Thermax can access diverse applications of the ESP technology in power generation, ferrous & non–ferrous metals, paper & pulp, cement & rock products, refinery & petrochemicals, incineration, glass, etc.
About Balcke-Dürr GmbH, Germany
Headquartered at Ratingen, Germany Balcke-Dürr GmbH is part of the USD 4.3 billion SPX Corporation, USA that has 15000 employees. Since inception in 1883, Balcke-Dürr has been at the forefront of product innovation. It is among the first to introduce products like water tube boilers, condensers, pulverized coal boilers, feed water heaters, regenerative air pre-heaters, bottom rapped electrostatic precipitators, bag filters, etc. Over the years, it has incorporated the various air pollution control technologies like Walther & Cie and Rothemühle, to become a leading player in the industry with a very strong international presence.
Get the Balcke-Dürr + Thermax advantage
- Balcke-Dürr and Rothemühle are pioneers in ESPs, with Rothemühle designs in the market since early 1950’s.
- More than 2,000 installations are in operation in power stations, cement, lime, biomass, pulp and paper,
- waste incineration and other industrial plants all over the world.
- Extensive practical know-how at our disposal based on a large installation base in variety of applications.
- Intensive development of new technologies like Bi-corona for improving the efficiency and competitiveness.
Salient features of our ESPs
The salient features of the ESPs we offer include:
- Horizontal and vertical flow precipitators.
- Dry type designs for gas volumes, from as little as 5,000 m3/hr to 50,00,000 m3/hr.
- Wet type designs for maximum particulate removal.
- Hot gas designs for operation at temperatures above 450oC.
- ESPs for diverse applications like corrosive gas, tar and other difficult material, etc.
Other ESP Designs
- Thermax also has its own design of top as well as bottom rapping