Fume extraction and de-dusting systems are installed to capture the fugitive dust/fumes generated in furnaces or during handling of material before or after various processes. The system consists of suction hoods at various dust/fume generating points, elaborate ductwork, butterfly dampers (both manual and automatic) at appropriate locations, a modular, casing entry, offline, pulsejet bag filter, a centrifugal ID fan and a self-supported stack.
Thermax has over 25 years of expertise in design, engineering, supply, construction, erection and commissioning of fume extraction and de-dusting systems, including all electrical, instrumentation and civil work.
- No dust cake formation and hence no binding or clogging of bags
- No dust deposition in the ducts due to optimally designed air velocity
- Minimum power consumption
- Completely safe operation
- Assured smooth running of the rotary air lock valves and screw conveyors
- Minimum downtime which is crucial in case of process equipment